• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 2021 launch problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the New Photoshop Elements 2021 and installed it on my computer. It worked fine for a few days and then today when I tried to open the editor it froze at initialization and wouldn't open. I removed and reinstalled the program but the same problem occurred again. Can anyone help? I never had this problem before with Elements.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip Glenn. I will try this next time it fails. I am also monitoring very carefully everything I do. I am also adopting a policy of restarting my computer before I load Elements and that is the only program running. If I need something els I will close PsE first.

I agree it is something else that is causing the problem, we just have to track it down. I would also think that with the amount of programs like Microsoft Windows and Adobe who collect user data and crash reports, they should be able to contribute to the problem solving process.

I am sure this thread will continue for a long time but as long as we are making progress it's OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had several calls with Adobe support who have tried their best. I thought the problem was finally fixed, the programs worked for several weeks but now they won't launch. I have spent over 15 hours with tech support, giving them control of my computer, which is a leap of faith in itself. The workaround for me is that if i log on as administrator the programs work. but it's a nuisance to fetch elements back and forth from two profiles. I want to use these programs because I'm familiar with them for many years. But the amount of trouble I've had on a brand new spiffy computer is mindboggling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They pushed out an update that fixed this, although I still have to launch Photoshop from an icon link to the .exe file on my desktop rather than the proscribed way. But both working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop elements 2021 on my windows 10 computer. Is opens elements organizer and shows foto's and maps. Then its freezes and the window closed. In task manager it not closed.
Who can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning @nicod49578407 , sorry to say I gave up yesterday and requested a refund. the software would not even launch. (although open in task manager). I did try some of the steps found in multiple trails here in the community and also on the Adobe's help center but it only assisted for a one time use. consider giving these a try though.

For me, all in all, since mid december i must have installed/uninstalled between 5/10 times to test different things...I have premier elements that works fine so hanging on to that one. Very unfortunate and disappointing, photoshop elements had exactly want I wanted out of a photo editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. I hope there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Probably best if you start a new thread rather than trying to revive this one after 4 months 🙂

In your new thread can you please give us some more information on the problem that you are having with Photoshop Elements, such as your operating system, your Photoshop Elements version, and a brief description of the problem you are facing.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep now having same issues, workspace not working. tried all the options suggested, tech took control fixed it but 48 hrs later and it has happened again. absolute pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Elements 2021 freezes up constantly. Slow, dated and useless. Anyone have ideas how to get it to work without freezing up constantly? My old Elements 2015 was great and had no issues. Also feel I got ripped off because 2021 is the same as 2015, but with freeze up problems. One step side-ways and 2 steps back. Junk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines