Highlighted

elements 2021 launch problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the New Photoshop Elements 2021 and installed it on my computer. It worked fine for a few days and then today when I tried to open the editor it froze at initialization and wouldn't open. I removed and reinstalled the program but the same problem occurred again. Can anyone help? I never had this problem before with Elements.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

elements 2021 launch problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the New Photoshop Elements 2021 and installed it on my computer. It worked fine for a few days and then today when I tried to open the editor it froze at initialization and wouldn't open. I removed and reinstalled the program but the same problem occurred again. Can anyone help? I never had this problem before with Elements.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same. I've now uninstalled and installed, still not working, will have to do it again and have wasted a lot of time trying to get it going.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m having same problem. Elements 2021 works for a few days and then won't launch'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Could you please try the solution mentioned in this thread? Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.  Reinstall, works for a while and then freezes at initialization.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the solution of renaming the slcache and slstore files and it worked.  But then after putting in the license code again it told me I had exceeded the number of computers with this license.  Since I had installed PSE 2021 on another computer i own it now thinks I have it installed twice on this computer and once on the other computer so one more than the two allowed.  It says I have 30 days to uninstall it on the third computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you will need to contact Adobe support directly, they can control the number of software activations. Check the support section of the website, it should allow you to contact Adobe support directly. Make sure that you're logged into the site, then they'll know how you are. And maybe refer back to this thread as well, just for full clarity.

Hope this can help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.  After a few days, the same problem arose again.  I think some other program on my computer may be reintroducing the problem.  I use Topaz Gigapixel and elements seems to freeze after I use that program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? 

Have you started or added media to a catalog?  If you are seeing a lot of activity in Windows Task Manager, it is possible that the problem is being caused by auto-analyis of your media.  If that is the case, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and turn off all analysis to see whether it makes a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried turning off preferences but problem still arises after a few days.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pkrobinsmia ,

Would request you to connect to the Support team directly(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support.html) and get this resolved.

Hope that solves the problem.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0