• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 Organiser 'Not Responding' Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to Elements 2021 on a Windows 2021 PC.

Constantly when I examine Task Manager I find that Adobe Elements 2021 Organiser is showing ‘Not Responding’.

I think that this means that Organiser has stalled.

Can anyone explain the cause of this problem?

The problem seriously degrades this new software edition.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that media analysis is taking place in the background.  Go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and turn off all analysis to see whether that makes any difference (after a relaunch of the program).  Depending on the size of your catalog and whether you have a lot of videos in your catalog, the performance can degrade significantly during analysis.  The best thing is to let the program run overnight (or over many nights) to complete the analysis.  If you want to try limiting the analysis, I believe that auto-creations are the biggest resource hog, so maybe just try turning that off temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reviewed my range of images and removed drives which are not necessary Althogh I can not remove Offline drives. I have optimised the Catalogue, re-run the thumbnail file. The Face Analysis is almost complete so I have left it operating. Currently the Thumbnail file is renewing and is expected tol be complete in the next day.  I am still experiencing ‘ Not Responding ‘ messages in the Task Manager but will review this when the above operations are complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out on the Adobe Community. Are you still facing this issue?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines