Highlighted

Elements 2021 Organizer keeps crashing while importing. Are HEIC files to blame?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Elements 2021 Photoshop and Organizer and trying to import about 17,000 images and Oranizer keeps crashing (and rebooting my PC) before completing the import.  I have many HEIC pics from my various versions of iPhones over the years. I am running Organizer on a Windows 10 PC.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elements 2021 Organizer keeps crashing while importing. Are HEIC files to blame?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Elements 2021 Photoshop and Organizer and trying to import about 17,000 images and Oranizer keeps crashing (and rebooting my PC) before completing the import.  I have many HEIC pics from my various versions of iPhones over the years. I am running Organizer on a Windows 10 PC.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing from your iPhone or from your hard drive? 

Do you have the Microsoft HEIF extensions installed?  See this article.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading from images already in my PC, and I believe I do have the HEIF extensions installed...Going to the MS Store and trying to launch the install and the program states it is already installed.  Is there a way to see what is installed in Windows 10?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Settings>Apps and Features and you should see the following listed:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.14_16h40m21s_002_.png

However, Microsoft has just issued a vulnerability warning about HEIF files and have apparently updated the extensions within the past few days.  Take a look at this link.  It may be worth using this opportunity to update the extensions on your machine.  There is a link in the web page for updating the extension.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. There is a massive memory leak in the Photoshop Elements Organizer when importing HEIC files. The graph below is approximately 200 images and 2 minutes into the import and you see it is using 26 GB of memory. The memory usage just keeps going up at the same rate until the organizer crashes. If I import 100 images at a time, then it completes successfully. That is not a realistic option though when I have thousands of images to import.

Sirideain_1-1606678455198.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It seems to be a memory leak indeed!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0