• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements hangs on install.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the Elements 2020 installers. When I execute either one it hits 6%, the window title bar quickly blinks twice. About 3 minutes later, while still at 6%, It tells me I don't have an internet connection. I DO have a good connection. I've tried disabling firewall, anti-virus, and vpn. Same results. I even tried to re-install Elements 2019 with same results. I'm running 64-bit and waayyy exceed all minimum requirements. Has anyone experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

The problem was with the installer timing out. I was direct to the zip file (3.7Gb ! ), which took over an hour to download ( Overloaded Adobe site?). Unzipped, all fixed. Be sure to delete the huge zip file when done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. Could you please perform the following steps?

1. Use the Log Collector tool and share the logs with us.
  2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and share the 'Install.log' file as well.
  3. Mention your system and OS details.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any assistance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a different browser to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience of the installer hanging on Windows.

• I have used the Clean tool
  •  I have  used diferent browsers
  • I have been on  along chat woth the adobe  support who were PATHETIC.
  •  The advice was 

get a new internet provider zour  internet connection is broken - despite the instraler loading to a MAC

I have  even gone to the trouble of reversing Windows to a previous safe point when Adobe insatlled correctly .

IT SUCKS and ADOBE are useless. Their final  iea was to buy a new pc - 

AFter some soul searching and trawling I found this on ADOBEW forum..

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-installer-hangs-on-initializing-installer/...

IT WORKS.

However - no celebrations  - I have been witout Adobe for  nearly a week.  The SUpport tesam need to be utterly ashamed of themselves for not knowing this - the problem is rife.

The management of the support teams ned bonuses trimmed for failing in their duty to ensure that clients are well serviced by a team of professionals not a team of people who are low paid and  lack ANY idea of technology and front line support.

once again 

THIS TROUBLE SHOOTING STEP works 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-installer-hangs-on-initializing-installer/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was with the installer timing out. I was direct to the zip file (3.7Gb ! ), which took over an hour to download ( Overloaded Adobe site?). Unzipped, all fixed. Be sure to delete the huge zip file when done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Hope you have a great time exploring Elements 2020!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines