• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organiser 2019 - problems with file location - help would be appreciated

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 2019 and like the Slideshow facility that it has.  The only problem is that I keep having missing files and can't reconnect.  I can see that the trouble is that they are being sent to my Mac Time Machine backup

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 18.46.12.png

I can't see how this is happening as I have my preferences set as:

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 18.46.36.png

The following is just a sample of the reconnect screen.

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 18.56.15.png

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about MACs so I can only give you some general suggestions.

Is this a new catalog that you have created?  How did you import the files into the catalog?  Did you try to import from a backup?  If so, how?

Before creating a slideshow, you need to repair the catalog itself so that you have no missing files.  In the Find menu, click All Missing Files.  This will present you with thumbnails of all the disconnected files in your catalog.  How many are there?  Is it all of your catalog or just a few files?

Depending on your answers to these questions, we can make some suggestions to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Mac user, but I do remember the PSE expert Barbara Brundage stating that you should not use the Time machine with the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a yellow ? in the photo and ii can do nothing more with the photo how do i get those photos back  to normal to edit or to send 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I go to elements 2019 organizer and open  look to down load from camera and have camera connected and switched on typein the date and name find media and click on that media  and they usualy down load automatic  to Organizer 

To edit go to ELements editor find the file name click on it and all the photos are there for Edit and they will be in the Editor and make them to a J file and have a copy of the original also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly seems Organiser will not work with Mac Time Machine.  Have to look for an alternative.  Many thanks for the help though - it was really appreciated.

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you expand on 'sadly seems Organiser will not work with Time Machine'?

I have just started using a Mac & have installed PSE 2019 (previously had used PSE on Windows machine).

Am using PSE OK; am using Time Machine OK (or thought I was until I read your thread!).

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pchisham  wrote

Could you expand on 'sadly seems Organiser will not work with Time Machine'?

I have just started using a Mac & have installed PSE 2019 (previously had used PSE on Windows machine).

Am using PSE OK; am using Time Machine OK (or thought I was until I read your thread!).

Thank you

See:

Elements Organizer 14 and 2019 on Mac OS Keep Switching to Time Machine

I am not a Mac user myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAN I CHANGE FROM TIME MACHINE TO    PSE ON A MAC  or will that cause other problems on my MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peter here I am afraid to use this RECONNECT as i do think i will have more of my photos with the big  ? over them

and cannot do anything to remove it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the last few times i have downloaded from my camera on to adobe elements 2019 organizer properly dated and titled did NOT OPEN IN THE 2019 ORGANIZER and i had to look all over the place for the file and is still not recorded in the ORGANIZER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines