• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organiser 2020 crashes seconds after launching

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Elements 14 with no problem. I have installed Elements 2020 and upon launching the Organiser it crashes every time, about 10-20 seconds after launching. No user action is being taken other than simply opening the software. It is unusable. There seems to be no obvious way for me to fix this problem. 

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  Did you convert your Elements 14 catalog upon installation of 2020? 

If you are on Windows, does Task Manager show any high activity for the Organizer or for a process called ElementsAutoCreations 2020? 

Are you getting any error messages when it crashes and/or does an Adobe Crash reporter dialog open?

One thing you can try is to turn off all media analysis.  Go to Preferences (hit Ctrl+K as soon as the program opens) and uncheck all of the boxes under the Media Analysis tab.

Something else to try is to press the Shift key immediately upon launching the Organizer.  This will bring up the Catalog Manager.  Create a new empty catalog and see if the program crashes when you open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Windows 10 and I purchased the software though the Windows Store.

I'm not getting any error messages; I just get the Adobe "send crash report" dialogue box appear.

I did what you suggested:

- I looked at processes and it crashes shortly after the ElementsAutoCreations 2020 kicks in. It was about 50% CPU

- I unticked the media analysis and that has stopped it crashing. If I tick the boxes again then it does crash. So it seems it is something to do with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have a solution for this problem please?

Turning off face recognition stops it from crashing but in doing so I'm turning off an important feature. I don't think that's acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines