Two weeks after purchasing PSE15 I get this error message.
Going into the Editor reveals no lisencing info that needs updating.
Googling the issues reveals some older posts from 2012, but none of the suggestions seem to fix the issue.
Running out of options - hope there is a way of fixing this without a reinstall.
Appreciate any feedback!
Thanks for reaching out to us.
As per the screenshot provided by you above, what happens when you click on "Photoshop Elements Editor" ?
Ideally it would take you to the license screen sand let you enter the serial number post which Editor would launch successfully.
Please let me know in case something else happens in your case.
Can you try creating a new user account?
Sign in to that account and then try launching Elements Organizer..
Arshla, clicking on Photoshop Elements Editor takes me to the Editor app which launches without asking for any serial.
I did try an uninstall/reinstall,which was successful.
However, today, 16 days after encountering the error the first time, the error message popped up again. Did another reinstall, but still wondering what the cause might be.
I guess I could try Anwesha's suggestion next time as I'm afraid it will be a next time.
Once more, 14 days after the last incident, it happens again. Going into PSE Edior does not help, as I'm aldready logged in. Will try creating another uuser for troubleshooting, but that is not a viable solution as I aldready have CC apps connected to the original account.
Following the suggestion of Anwesha, creating a new account did the trick as a workaround.
- Created a new account
- Logged out the original one in the Editor
- Logged in with the new account
- Opened PSE Organizer (trial mode), closed it
- Logged out the new account in Editor
- Logged in with the original account
- PSE Organizer started again normally
I still expect the shutdown to happen again in a forthnight, so the problem is not resolved.
Switching accounts althogehter is not an option as I have CC subscriptions also on the opriginal account.
Still looking for any insightg that can fix the root of the problem, and will keep you posted in 2 weeks when the next incident is expected.
I'm having exactly the same problem. Finally uninstalled PSE15 and reinstalled and it worked, for about two weeks. Now tonight the problem is back. I open up PSE15 and when I try to click on the organizer icon I get the message Organizer not currently licensed, launch Editor but when I do that it says loading the elements organizer workspace, then spins for a while, then I'm still in Editor with no Organizer options. I also am running Windows 10. I also have Lightroom and PS CC subscription.
I found a solution that worked for me. (I have a PSE15 license key purchased from Amazon and a creative cloud subscription. I also had old versions of PSE on the same computer earlier.) After much troubleshooting I narrowed the problem down to the SLCache folder. (For me it was located in c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache.) By moving the contents of that folder and restarting Photoshop Elements I would get another 30 days of use before the error returned.
That worked okay as a temporary fix, but to take it further I instead moved the original SLCache contents back into the folder one file at a time, until the error returned. That narrowed it down to a specific problem file. For me that file was called Vjd7fUVsZW1lbnRzT3JnYW5pemVyLTE1LVdpbi1HTXt8fUFMTA==.slc
The bit that solved it permanently was opening that .slc file with a text editor, finding the TimeStamp tags (lookup XML file format if you don't know what that looks like) and deleting the long number between the TimeStamp tags (a UNIX Timestamp).
Hope that helps, I probably tried every other solution available online, and three attempts at Adobe tech support who couldn't permanently solve it (at most they would get me another 2 weeks or so or use). A bit hard for them to know if the solution works when the problem takes weeks to come back.
Thanks russellk. Just had same problem after transfering Elements 15 to a new PC. Took a short cut by finding slc file that referenced 'organizer' in contents and then deleting long time number between TimeStamp tags as suggested. Before doing this took a backup copy of the original file just in case. Seems to have worked