• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 17.0 Backup Crashes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 machine, totally current, lots of physical memory, and trying to backup to an external drive, about 1T free.  Attempting to backup the catalog gets through most of the preliminary stuff; preparing, checking space, etc. but the app locks up and goes unresponsive during most attempts.  ALL attempts to do an incremental backup lock up.

Suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because the program becomes "unresponsive" doesn't mean it is not working.  Can you see any activity taking place in Task Manager during the backup process?  If so, you need to be more patient.  Depending on the size of your catalog, a backup to an external drive can take many hours.  What is the size of your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg:

Great reference; thanks!  I will try the 'repair' and 'optimize' if the app ever comes back!  To answer your Task Manager question, it says Elements is consuming one processor completely, so running 27% or so solid as a rock.  My catalog is about 80G.  When it is in this 'unresponsive' mode, there is no disk activity, so I presumed it was stuck somewhere.  I started an incremental backup about 3 hours ago, and left it in the 'unresponsive' mode, but it has since moved on to "Identifying incremental files".  I left a browser up on my second screen, which is letting me respond to your message, since my main screen is locked up with the Elements bit.  I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also take a look at this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines