• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2018 Mac - photos keep linking to time machine snapshot

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set a folder on my hard drive as the watched folder for my Elements Organizer 2018 (Mac) Catalog - /Users/<username>/Pictures/Library/..

No pictures initially appear in the library so I then "import" from this folder into the library. All of the photos are added.

However - the photos are then linked to "Macintosh HD@snap-793281/Users/<username>/Pictures/Library" rather than "Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Pictures/Library".

This usually does not impair functionality - except for two scenarios:

1. When I import new photos from a memory card in Organizer to my HD - they immediately are "disconnected" from the photo on the HD.

2. Organizer occasionally pops up an error that my photos in the catalog are disconnected and pops up the dialog to "Reconnect missing files". When I navigate to the file on the "Macintosh HD" it pops up another error that "The file already exists in the catalog". In the dialog it says that "/Volumes/com.apple.TimeMachine.localsnapshots/Backups.backupdb/MacBook Pro/2018-03-26-050118/Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Pictures/Library/1993/photo1.jpg was not connected to /Users/<username>/Pictures/Library/1993/photo1.jpg"

Why is organizer pointing the files to a local time machine snapshot rather than the hard drive itself? I tried Lightroom for a period and had no such issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a YouTube video discussing this issuue and a possible workaround:

How to fix “Reconnect Missing Files” TimeMachine issue with Adobe Elements Organiser - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted the same problem to the Photoshop Feedback Community here: Elements Organizer 14 and 2019 on Mac OS Keep Losing Files Because They Switch to Time Machine Drive...

Please click on the "Me Too" button there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines