• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2019 Dividing Videos

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime within the last 6 months my program has been dividng up my videos so that they look like multiple files. The time stamps are also incorrect.  In fact, the time stamp of the first file displayed may be correct but all the subsequent ones that should belong to the same file are wrong.

I have managed to find a work around but it doesn't work all the time.  I correct the time stamp, delete the file from Organizer and then import it again.  This does seem to fix the problem on some files but not all. Also, the files that this trick doesn't work on get imported with the wrong time stamp again. 

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what solution did you find to correct the time stamp permanetly and to make all the separated files appear as one as they should?

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos are divided into scenes when certain video analysis is performed in PRE.  If you expand the scenes, you can delete the unwanted ones, leaving only the original video displayed in the Organzier.  The scenes should not have different time stamps than the original.  Are you seeing something diffierent?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.20_11h25m33s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thank you for your response. It appears that the video files are actually split up into individual files although they are still connected in some way. Each clip can be played separately and the separate files are showing different times stamps from the ’top’ file.

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I try to collape the video files into a group that option is grayed out.

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing. If you have file names displayed, each scene should have the same file name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see here, the first date stamp is correct as 2-12-2017 at 2:44am but the second shows 10-14-2017 at 2:08pm.  As you can see their file names are the same as they should be only one file as they are in my finder window. They just show as 2 files in Organizer.

On another note, I tried to change the extension of one of the video files. I changed it from .3gp to .mov and when I imported that file into organizer I only got the audio part of the file. Then I changed it to .mp4 and I get the video but no audio. In fact the .3gp file isn’t playing audio either. However, all these files play properly out of Organizer. 

I love mysteries but only if I can solve them.  This is all so very weird.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 15.12.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that should read '2-17-2012 at 2:44am'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to me that the timestamps in your video are A. from the original date the video was taken and B. possibly the date when the video was edited. 

I was wrong before about deleting scenes from the catalog.  Only the selected scenes will be deleted and the remaining scene which was a portion of the original will remain.  As far as I can tell, the only way to remove the scenes is to delete all scenes from the catalog (but not from the hard drive).  And then import media from the folder.  The deleted file will return without scene detection - until you perform some action in PRE that will divide the video clip into scenes.

I also seem to recall that if you create a backup of the catalog, multiple copies of the video are saved and increase the size of the backup. 

I hope this clears up some of the mystery.

As for your other question, why did you find it necessary to change the extension of the .3gp file?  If you change the extension to .mpg, it may play.  If you need more help with that (or your original question), I suggest you post in the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing the extension names to see if that would correct the problem. 

I have deleted the affected files and then re-imported them and that has worked on some files but not all. I appreciate your insights. I guess I am just going to have to keep figuring out what has caused this problem.  If I solve it, I will be sure to let you know.

Thank you again,
Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning, Greg,

I do believe I have solved my issue; however it will be time-consuming to complete all errors. If I manually delete each connected file individually and then re-import the file, they all come back into Organizer as just one file. If the connected files have different timestamps then I correct those before I delete and in some instances I also have to correct them after I re-import. This process seems to be working well so far. What a pain in the rear though. 

Thank you for your time on this.

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines