• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2020 Visually Similar Photos Select from one folder then search in all folders

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to search for duplicate photos. I would like to select a photo to search for in a specific folder then search across all of my folders to see if that photo occurs elsewhere. If I select All Media it is very difficult to find the target photo for the search. I have over 55000 photos in my collection. Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think  that you can use the visual search the way you want (or I don't know how to).

The visual search works well to find visual dupes in a subfolder, a selection of files. For instance to find original raw files and variants which you can stack afterward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

Can you elaborate on how to restrain the scope of the visual search?  You seemed to imply that was possible.

I'd like to first select a single folder (from my folder tree) and ask Organizer to stack similar photos from just that set of photos.  I'd also be interested if it were possible to use tags to select a group of photos into the main view pane, then ask Organizer to do the same thing - find and stack similar photos from that selection set.

Any way to do that?  Or any general options to limit the number of images that it includes for comparison?  I don't want to run it on my entire catalog all at once.

Thanks,

-ceej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try:

Once you have a selection of files, if you right click on anyone of the thumbnails and choose 'stacks', you get the option to 'automatically suggest photo stacks'. You can validate or ignore and even highlight several items in a suggestion line to stack them, and continue with other members of that suggestion line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines