• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer - Undercategories and Tags: order of names in the ITPC-field is random!

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have assigned the familiy names of plant pictures in Undercategories and the species names in Tags. After having saved the Meta-Data in the files, the order of the saved contents of the Undercategories and species, respectively is random:

Either the Undercategoriy is the first entry in the ITPC-field, or the Tag:

e.g.

(1) not correct:
Undercategory: Orchidaceae

Tag: Aceras anthropophorum

ITPC: Aceras anthropophorum;Orchidaceae

(2) correct:

Undercategory: Apiaceae

Tag: Heracleum sphondylium

ITPC: Apiaceae; Heracleum sphondylium

I would like always to have in the first place the name of the Undercategory followed by the name of the Tag (of course, the Tag belongs to the respective Undercategory).

Thanks a lot for support!

Daniel

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Daniel,

I don't see how Elements (or any other managing software) could manage the order of IPTC items. IPTC data is not stored at all in the catalog, it's only read from the data stored in the metadata header of the file (or in the xmp sidecar file). You can manage keywords in hierarchies with a catalog, but the way IPTC keywords are stored is not hierarchically and probably depends more on your OS and OS version than on the input and display order from an external photo editor. I would have expected a display either in random or alphabetical order.

You can ask your question in the feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_elements

but I am afraid you'll get explanations rather than solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines