• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements versions 2019 and 2020 won't run on Windows 10.

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed PS Elements 2019 on Win 10 laptop.  After a few days app would not open beyonf flash screen.  Adobe Support worked on problem, but after a few days, same problem.  Later installed v. 2020 and same problem arose.  Yet, Elements works fine on my Mac.  Why won't either version of Elements (2019, 2020) run on my Windows laptop?  (1 TB SSD  12 GB RAM)

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 requires a different version of the installer! You can download it from your Adobe account page.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please navigate to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020" and double-click on the 'PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe' file to launch the Editor?

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your input. That’s the way I normally access the Editor, but after a few days in which Elements runs normally, the app freezes at the flash screen and won’t access the
editor, or any of the other features.

Marshall Rubin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this on my pc and made a desktop shortcut to elements,via the exe file, which I use, and no problem. I am on windows 10 x 64 and it runs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines