• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elments 7 not launching

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 7 stopped launching.  Uninstalled and re-installed twice , but still will not launch  no explanation provided.  All other software launches without issue. Can anyone hepl

O/S Windows 7 home edtion

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you launch directly from the executable?

Navigate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0

Inside the folder Photoshop Elements 7.0 scroll down to the files beginning with “P” and look for PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe (the application)

Right click on the application and choose run as administrator

N.B. if using 32 bit Windows 7 the location is here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  No I'm afraid that did not work! I'm using 64 bit windows 7, but I tried both and neither worked. It's an annoyance at the moment rather than anything else because I do n ot do a lot of photo work nowadays, but I had a need and that's when I ran into trouble. So, not urgent, but if you have ay other suggestions I would be grateful.

Vanvid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think PSE7 may have been broken by recent Windows updates. You could try running in compatibility mode. Right-click on the desktop icon or application and choose properties, then select the Compatibility tab.  You should see choices to run indifferent  Windows 32 bit versions such as (Win8, Win7, Vista, XP).  Please let us know if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines