• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emailed Photo Captions

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I email photos, the captions aren't included.  I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the organizer: File >> save metadata to files (shortcut Ctrl W). You write metadata to files, not only captions but also tags and ratings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put captions under each photo. After reading the metadata - looks like
this is called description. It shows up in the metadata as description;
however, when I email the photo, the description doesn't show up under the
photo. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you want to email your photos or not, the problem is to create a new image from a photo with an added text. If you have created that image, you can email it if you want.

Adding text to a single image is an easy and interesting task in Elements and you can have hundreds of ways to customize the text, its position in or outside the image, the font choice and size, the best location for the text depending on the image content. What is another problem is to find the way to automatically add the same text to a batch of different images. It's another problem if the text on each image is coming from metadata with different text length.

The only automatic process for that in Elements is an option in the printing dialog to add the caption. The formatting options are extremely limited, good enough for creating 'contact sheets'.

That option is only for printing at home.

The final word is that while you can customize creating a new image including the caption freely yourself, there is no automatic way to do so automatically for a batch of files. You can't email a file which has not been edited to include the caption in the image either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous version of Photoshop Elements - maybe version 8 would automatically include each caption with each photo.  If I understand you correctly, the current version "2019" cannot do this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion  might help make things clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines