Highlighted

eraser doesn't work in layer mask

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PSE 13 for a few years now, last week the eraser stopped working when I'm erasing in a mask layer. The eraser works OK in a picture, or in a layer, but the moment I try to erase in a layer mask, it just doesn't work any more.

I didn't change settings..... Tried restore tool settings, tried a new install of PSE 13, nothing helped!

What can possibly be wrong in the program settings related to the layer mask that prefends the eraser from working??

Thanks for any help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff Arola | Adobe Community Professional

Make sure the Foreground color in the toolbox is set to White to erase on a layer mask with the Eraser Tool.

fgc.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

eraser doesn't work in layer mask

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PSE 13 for a few years now, last week the eraser stopped working when I'm erasing in a mask layer. The eraser works OK in a picture, or in a layer, but the moment I try to erase in a layer mask, it just doesn't work any more.

I didn't change settings..... Tried restore tool settings, tried a new install of PSE 13, nothing helped!

What can possibly be wrong in the program settings related to the layer mask that prefends the eraser from working??

Thanks for any help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff Arola | Adobe Community Professional

Make sure the Foreground color in the toolbox is set to White to erase on a layer mask with the Eraser Tool.

fgc.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fgc.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! This was the answer, it's working again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much my friend, this worked here perfectly!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0