Copy link to clipboard
I am having trouble installing PSE 2020 on a brand new Win 10 Home 64 bit version 1909 computer.
I downloaded the installer from my Adobe account.
On the first 3 attempts the installer became stuck at various percentages of installation - 42%, 14%, 9%.
I did a Windows System Restore to just before the first attempt.
Subsequent attempts now result in "Error 501" saying Photoshop Elements cannot be installed now with no other details as to why.
I Googled Error 501 and it tells me that a resource that the installer needs to modify is currently used by another app and to check the PSE installation log file to see which app to close.
I cannot find the log file anywhere.
Can someone please advise where it is located?
Win 10 Home 64 bit version 1909
CPU: Intel core i7 9th Gen
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB dedicated video memory
PSE installation is onto a SSD.
Can anyone please advise on how to fix this installation issue?
Any help or suggestions much appreciated,
You may try installing by following below listed steps :
1. Goto https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html
2. Scroll down to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.
3. Click on "Download 64-bit"
4. "PhotoshopElements_2020_LS30_win64_ESD.zip" file would be downloaded onto your system.
5. Unzip/Extract the file and move to the directory where you have unzipped it
6. Double-click on Set-up.exe.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps resolve your query.