• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 131 when installing update to Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop Elements 2020. It tells me there is a free dupdate to fix bugs.

I get a conflict error code 131. I could not easily find a community reply on this subject

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Ditto. The user is directed to an Adobe page that states that the "fix" involves terminating the conflicting app, but the user is given no clue as what that conflicting is. 

Update: Figured it out. The conflicting app in my case was Elements itself. Rather than close Elements itself or ask the user to close it in a more straightforward fashion, the updater instead throws an error message/number, leaving to the user who doesn't carefully scrutinize the text of the error message to believe that so

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to am having problems updating Elements 2020, getting error code 131 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. The user is directed to an Adobe page that states that the "fix" involves terminating the conflicting app, but the user is given no clue as what that conflicting is. 

Update: Figured it out. The conflicting app in my case was Elements itself. Rather than close Elements itself or ask the user to close it in a more straightforward fashion, the updater instead throws an error message/number, leaving to the user who doesn't carefully scrutinize the text of the error message to believe that something more arcane is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot @michaelc69174223 for the update, this solved my problem. I was looking at everything (firewall settings, local admin rights,...) but all you had to do was close Photoshop elements right after clicking 'install now' when the updater opens in a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much sharing this information. I was trying to figure this out about 3 hours, until I your post. Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wenn es schliessen will, dann stürzt aber PSE2921 ab!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the same for PS 2021 error code is the same and thanks, solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I spent hours agonizing over what the conflicting software was, but when I closed out the initial page for Photoshop Elements 2021 that was covered over by the Photoshop Editor page which is the real page I needed, then it successfully updated. Adobe really should be more specific that just Error 131?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am n ot gettin g this error. it tells me to update i click update but it keeps telling me could not launch the updater.  In some cases when i try to exit it tells me to update same prolbem.  Even when I click update of exit same message but will not let me close elements 2021.  Then I have to go to task manageer and shut it down that way.  What Am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, wenn Adope dieses Problem mit Fehlercode 131 kennt, warum tun sie das nicht ändern und für den Normalverbraucher zum Installieren vereinfachen. Ich hab jetzt schon mich während Stunden dazu gequält und nichts erreicht. Der Adope-Techniker schreibt mir, es läge an einem Fehler  in meinem System. Microsoft-Support kann aber keinen Fehler feststellen. Ehrlich, ich benutzte seit Jahren Photoshop, bin aber in letzter Zeit sehr unzufrieden . . .

aber geholfen wurde mir nicht !

MfG - Ferny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ich komme hier leider nicht weiter, auch wenn ich mir die vielen Posts online ins Deutsch übersetzen lasse. Auch ich hänge beim Updateversuch bei etwa 5% und dann kommt dieser FEHLERCODE131 und ich kann nur abbrechen. Leider geht der ganze Scheiß dann wieder von vorne los - und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier. Zumindest konnte ich ohne Update mit dem Programm arbeiten. Warum werden dann aber so sinnlose Sachen gemeldet und angeboten, updaten kann ich so ja nicht. Können sie mir bitte einen Tip geben, was ich tun muß oder an wen ich mich verläßlich melden kann? Danke schon mal im Voraus. mfg KURT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines