• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code: 199 Trying To Reinstall PSE 2020

Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to make this problem description as brief as possible but still give details.

PSE 2020 was installed and running fine on my Windows 10 laptop PC. I think it had even gotten updated to version 2020.1 My laptop has an Intel i7-7700 CPU with an onboard Intel graphics GPU. It also has a discrete Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU. I prefer to use the Nvidia GPU, so I had the onboard Intel GPU disabled in Device Manager and everything ran fine ... until a problem updating my Nvidia graphics driver caused a problem that re-enabled the Intel GPU. Even after I disabled the Intel GPU again PSE 2020 would only use the Intel GPU - it would NOT use the Nvidia GPU!

So, I uninstalled PSE 2020 thinking that when I reinstalled, it would correctly use the Nvidia GPU. Now, it will NOT reinstall. The install starts up fine and begins, then when it gets to 6% it stops with Error Code: 199. The "Get Help" link does not list Error Code 199. I've tried reinstalling numerous times and always get the same error.

What do I need to do to reinstall PSE 2020 onto my laptop??

Here are a few screenshots of my reinstall attempts.

The Install BeginsThe Install BeginsIt Gets To 6%It Gets To 6%Then It Stops With This Error!Then It Stops With This Error!

--
Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please check the log file present at below location:

1) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Install.log

The above log will have more descreptive logs for the errors that have been encountered and will help for further investigation.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vipin! I've opened the log file that you mention but it's no use to me! It does NOT list any corrective action to fix the problem. It may make sense to you, but not for me.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin,

I have the same problem but it appears all this community info is over a year old. What can I do today 2022 to rectify the problem with PSE 2020 as Walter mentioned.

Help,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Can you please confirm if a desktop shortcut has been created for the application on your computer? If yes, what happens when you try to launch the program using that shortcut?

Also it would be helpful to know that at what percentage of installation, do you get this error?

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To your question, What do I need to do to reinstall PSE 2020 onto my laptop??

As stopgap measures go, maybe temporarily roll your Nvidia driver back to where it was before the trouble started, and/or restore Windows 10 to an earlier date until you can find out more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help or not, wchettel.  Just putting it out here for review in case you haven't seen it.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I was able to reinstall PSE 2019 which I had uninstalled after installing PSE 2020. After looking at some of the final entries in the Install.log file I think that the problem is remnants of PSE 2020 in the registry. I use Revo Uninstaller Pro which normally does a very thorough uninstall - I may have gotten distracted and answered wrong to the prompts about removing remnants.

Anyway, 2019 is running great and this is only a laptop PC that I seldom use. My main PC is a Windows 10 desktop PC.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is exactly what mine does. i have tried and tried to install mine it will not work.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you every get your to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@drlinda, are you saying you get the same error message?  Please let us know the history of Elements on your computer.  What prior versions have you had?  Have you uninstalled/reinstalled any of them?  Did you get the error message the first time you tried to install?  Please confirm what OS you are using.  And attach the log file mentioned earlier in this conversation/thread to your post.  (You may have to Edit your post, using the  . . . More button at the bottom of the post to attach the file. And you cannot attach a file if you are responding via email.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10, I10 i had 2019 on  my laptop it come with 199. when i tried it again 145

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excuse me I7 prossor  when it gets finnished trying to install it opens 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that you are trying to install Elements 2020, but when the installation is completed, it tries to open 2019?  Does 2019 open completely or is that when you get the error message?

You may want to contact Adobe phone support.  They can take control of your computer and clean it up.  If you want to try something on your own, you can use the Adobe CC cleaner on your machine.  Does 2019 still work on your machine if you open it, or have you tried to remove it?  If 2019 is working OK, then I would leave it alone for now.  If it also isn't working then you should use the Adobe CC cleaner to uninstall both 2019 and 2020.

For instructions about how to use the CC cleaner with Elements programs, see the discussion that starts here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apologize for not checking my information before sending. 

The disk program is Photoshop Elements 2019 but I would imagine that should not be a problem (I think).

Sorry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after restarting your computer, if you see the same error, reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm that if you have a desktop shortcut created and can you launch the program using that shortcut?

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No desktop shortcut just executable icon in the download which loaded gives me the Error 199.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines