Highlighted

Error Code: 199 Trying To Reinstall PSE 2020

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to make this problem description as brief as possible but still give details.

PSE 2020 was installed and running fine on my Windows 10 laptop PC. I think it had even gotten updated to version 2020.1 My laptop has an Intel i7-7700 CPU with an onboard Intel graphics GPU. It also has a discrete Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU. I prefer to use the Nvidia GPU, so I had the onboard Intel GPU disabled in Device Manager and everything ran fine ... until a problem updating my Nvidia graphics driver caused a problem that re-enabled the Intel GPU. Even after I disabled the Intel GPU again PSE 2020 would only use the Intel GPU - it would NOT use the Nvidia GPU!

So, I uninstalled PSE 2020 thinking that when I reinstalled, it would correctly use the Nvidia GPU. Now, it will NOT reinstall. The install starts up fine and begins, then when it gets to 6% it stops with Error Code: 199. The "Get Help" link does not list Error Code 199. I've tried reinstalling numerous times and always get the same error.

What do I need to do to reinstall PSE 2020 onto my laptop??

Here are a few screenshots of my reinstall attempts.

The Install BeginsThe Install BeginsIt Gets To 6%It Gets To 6%Then It Stops With This Error!Then It Stops With This Error!

Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Download and install, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error Code: 199 Trying To Reinstall PSE 2020

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to make this problem description as brief as possible but still give details.

PSE 2020 was installed and running fine on my Windows 10 laptop PC. I think it had even gotten updated to version 2020.1 My laptop has an Intel i7-7700 CPU with an onboard Intel graphics GPU. It also has a discrete Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU. I prefer to use the Nvidia GPU, so I had the onboard Intel GPU disabled in Device Manager and everything ran fine ... until a problem updating my Nvidia graphics driver caused a problem that re-enabled the Intel GPU. Even after I disabled the Intel GPU again PSE 2020 would only use the Intel GPU - it would NOT use the Nvidia GPU!

So, I uninstalled PSE 2020 thinking that when I reinstalled, it would correctly use the Nvidia GPU. Now, it will NOT reinstall. The install starts up fine and begins, then when it gets to 6% it stops with Error Code: 199. The "Get Help" link does not list Error Code 199. I've tried reinstalling numerous times and always get the same error.

What do I need to do to reinstall PSE 2020 onto my laptop??

Here are a few screenshots of my reinstall attempts.

The Install BeginsThe Install BeginsIt Gets To 6%It Gets To 6%Then It Stops With This Error!Then It Stops With This Error!

Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Download and install, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please check the log file present at below location:

1) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Install.log

The above log will have more descreptive logs for the errors that have been encountered and will help for further investigation.

Regards

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vipin! I've opened the log file that you mention but it's no use to me! It does NOT list any corrective action to fix the problem. It may make sense to you, but not for me.

Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To your question, What do I need to do to reinstall PSE 2020 onto my laptop??

As stopgap measures go, maybe temporarily roll your Nvidia driver back to where it was before the trouble started, and/or restore Windows 10 to an earlier date until you can find out more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help or not, wchettel.  Just putting it out here for review in case you haven't seen it.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I was able to reinstall PSE 2019 which I had uninstalled after installing PSE 2020. After looking at some of the final entries in the Install.log file I think that the problem is remnants of PSE 2020 in the registry. I use Revo Uninstaller Pro which normally does a very thorough uninstall - I may have gotten distracted and answered wrong to the prompts about removing remnants.

Anyway, 2019 is running great and this is only a laptop PC that I seldom use. My main PC is a Windows 10 desktop PC.

Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is exactly what mine does. i have tried and tried to install mine it will not work.......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0