• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: Photoshop Elements does not recognize this type of file

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and downloaded PSE 2020 within in the past few weeks.  I am receiving an error when attempting to open a saved .psd file that was create in PSE 2020.  The error reads: Could not complete your request because Photoshop Elements does not recognize this type of file.  I have attempted to restart computer and program without success in opening file.  

I am at a complete loss and need to not only open this file(s) but have confidence the work I create will be accessible.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please share your OS details and system configuration?  Did you face this issue with every .psd file?

Can you try resetting the preferences? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html#R...

Regards

Shaileja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the above it might also be useful for us to know how you're trying to open that file: do you try to double click on it or are you trying to open it from within Photoshop Elements ("PSE")?

Also: are you by any chance using OneDrive? If you do then make sure that the process is actually started, if not then you can run into issues like yours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines