Highlighted

Error Message

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete).

Can not open a Saved jpeg

What does this mean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error Message

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete).

Can not open a Saved jpeg

What does this mean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truncated is where part of something is cut off or missing, ie: maybe check to see that the file name properly ends with .jpg (not .jpg1 or .-jpg or jpg. or whatever)

If that isn't it, see if it will open with "Paint" or "Preview" etc.  If successful, do a "save as" and try opening the new file in Elements.  This got me past a similar problem once.  I don't know what caused it, it was a one and done fluke.  Hope this helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phinny. Ending as it should be. Have recently installed Catalina!!Will not open in Elements or prevoew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand Catalina has presented some compatibility issues with some Adobe software that Apple engineers and Adobe are working on.  However ... that your file won't open with Preview is another story altogether.  Try File/Open in camera raw...  in Elements.  Also take a look at your .jpg with "get info".   If nothing jumps out, as a last resort, try opening it up with https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/   If GC won't open it (to do the "save as" trick mentioned earlier) you may need to wait for Adobe's fix to be released.  Graphic Converter is no joke believe me and is worth your time  -  even for just this one time.  It's rock solid Mac shareware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately I still have the problem. I tried all suggestions mentioned on the community but none helped.

Would repeat, this problem was not apparent before I upgraded to Catalina. There must be some bad interaction between the Adobe product and the upgrade.

Can you suggest anything else I can try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0
Phinny LATEST
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beesley this is NOT an Adobe/Catalina issue.  Reports of "a JPEG marker segment length is too short" date back to at least 2012 on both Mac and Win platforms and probably earlier.  You can still read those old posts on Google.  Have you attempted to open it with https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/download/ yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0