• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when creating panorama in elements 14.

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user though my version is Elements 14.  First time attempting to create panorama.  When I click the "Create Panorama" icon, I get the following error:  "Documents must be saved before they can be merged."  Can you tell me how to fix this error?  Also, I figured out that I could not use 16 bit files for panorama in elements 14 (so am now using 8 bit just to try and get a result).  Can you tell me if a later version allows use of 16 bit files for the panorama function?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that creating panoramas implies using layers and masks, and Elements does not support layers in 16-bits mode. You'll need the full Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel,

Thank you for the reply, that answers my 16 bit file question.  Any thoughts on why I am getting the error "Documents must be saved before they can be merged" when attempting a panorama using 8 bit jpeg files?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in PSE14 with this error message. It means that the panorama plugin does not handle properly the way vertical and horizontal images are coded in the file format. Either the orientation is 'baked in' the frame of pixels, or, more frequently, simply indicated as a tag in the exif metadata. With this message, you have to open and save your files as copies to be able to perform the merging of images. There were other isues with panoramas in PSE14. My advice is to start the panorama from the organizer rather than from the editor (in guided edit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.  I created copies of all the files, reloaded the copies and it worked fine.  Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines