• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every action within Photoshop Elements 2019 on Mac Mojave results in a spinning wheel that oftentimes results in a force quit of the program

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This applies to nearly every click within the program such as opening a new tab, choosing an action, choosing a font, changing between quick edit, guided, and expert options, etc.  I have spent more time watching the spinning wheel than I have actually enjoying the program.  I asked for my money back once already.  My time is not worth the trouble I have experienced.  I received an email in response to my request for a refund and was offered a phone call with an "expert" at my earliest convenience.  I scheduled a call and was prepared for help.  What I got was a man who walked me through the same troubleshooting steps that I found on a simple google search of troubleshooting options. (System Pref > Security > Applications > ..). When I explained that those steps had already been taken the tech said that he would need to refer me to an engineer because it was beyond his capabilities.  I set the second call for today (January, 25) at 3:30 CT and received no phone call. After the first call I engaged the program to see if any changes had magically disappeared and the answer was no.  I pulled a picture from my photo folder-not the organizer this time in case it was the organizer giving me the trouble-and the photo went immediately into the program no problem. I clicked on "open photo" and watched the spinning wheel for 5 minutes before having to force quit the program as I have all too often with most commands.  I installed the program initially onto Mac Mojave.  I did not update my OS after installation of Photoshop Elements. Thank you for trying, but I no longer want this program and would like a refund. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry that Adobe was not able to resolve your issue.

Have you tried this:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Please see here if you still wish a refund:

Return or exchange a non-subscription product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines