• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting an Allbum with metadata

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an historical photo presentation I can share with my siblings, using photos of my fore-fathers.  My hope is to find a method of exporting photos now in an Album, with each photo displaying the names I have typed below the photo.  Help!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Ron,

There is nothing like a physical sort arrangement of files on your disks. The operating sytems (Mac, Win, Linux...) store the files randomly on the available space. They offer different sort orders by letting you select your preferred choice (by filename, date etc.) and they display according to those preset indexes.

While you can create a 'custom' order list for an album (in 'album order'), that custom order is only kept as a separate list in the catalog, like a 'playlist'. Outside of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may be looking for the Photoshop Express forum or such, not the "big" PS forum. That aside, displaying metadata is entirely up to what viewer you use, not how it's created or embedded in the images. You might want to consider creating actual visible text instead.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum to Photoshop Elements. I notice your other post was also moved, so here is the URL for PS Elements for future queries:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To that end, you might consider a free trial with a genealogy website unless you're basically only interested in slideshows.  Trees are easily shared with family members who aren't required to have memberships.  There's free genealogy software to consider too if it interests you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the geneology back to 1515 in written form.  I'm trying to create a visual record from the photos I enherited, tying faces and names together.  Frustrated, when I export an Album to a new file, it reorders the photos by file number instead of the cronological order.  AAARRGG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow 1515, ours date back to 1818 on Ancestry.com.  Adobe (incredible as it is) isn't the software of choice for genealogists but PSE is definitely an invaluable tool in restoring images and documents.  Try ancestry.com free for a few days and you'll be hooked I guarantee it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron,

There is nothing like a physical sort arrangement of files on your disks. The operating sytems (Mac, Win, Linux...) store the files randomly on the available space. They offer different sort orders by letting you select your preferred choice (by filename, date etc.) and they display according to those preset indexes.

While you can create a 'custom' order list for an album (in 'album order'), that custom order is only kept as a separate list in the catalog, like a 'playlist'. Outside of the organizer in 'album order', that sort order can't be seen.

So, the simple way to have your preferred sort order available to any other program (Explorer, Finder etc.) is to 'export as new files' with the option to rename your files with a starting text followed by an order number.

Family0001, Family0002 and so on.

1 - display your album

2 - set it to 'album order'

3 - export as new files, defining your starting text 'Family' to a destination folder anywhere on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help, nice to have access to people that know, and can articulate it to those that don't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines