• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External video viewer in Photoshop Elements

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's an option in elements 2019 to use an external image editor. Does this option not exist for videos ? I have h.265  videos I would like to open up using VLC (since Adobe doesn't support them on Windows 10) but it doesn't appear to be an option .  Anyone else run into this issue ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

BadWolf5150  wrote

I understand that, however, Organizer shows you both photos and videos. As such, it would only make sense that it would allow you to choose a different viewer for BOTH photos and videos. Seems like an oversight to me.  Even ACDSee has this capability.

That makes sense, and you could suggest this feature in the feedback forum:

Photoshop Elements | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That said, it's the first time I do see this request so it's not probably a common one.

Note that yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christophers,

As Photoshop Elements is for editing Images, it does not have such option. I'd suggest that you use Premiere Elements for editing videos.

Please visit this link and you will get more information about it:  Easy Video Editor & Film Maker Software | Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, however, Organizer shows you both photos and videos. As such, it would only make sense that it would allow you to choose a different viewer for BOTH photos and videos. Seems like an oversight to me.  Even ACDSee has this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BadWolf5150  wrote

That makes sense, and you could suggest this feature in the feedback forum:

Photoshop Elements | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That said, it's the first time I do see this request so it's not probably a common one.

Note that you can still use to organizer to locate a video in your Windows explorer.

- a right click on a thumbnail and you choose 'Go to folder'

- a right click on the found folder will let you choose 'Reveal in Explorer'.

Now you are in the explorer, you find the video by its name and you can tell the explorer to 'Open in' and choose your favorite app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, jumping out to explorer seems to be the best workaround at this time. Thanks for your insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you trying to open VLC via Elements Organizer?

If yes:

1. Open Preferences by pressing 'Ctrl + K', (Cmd+K for MAC)

2. Go to Editing tab.

3. Check the option 'Use a Supplementary Editing Application'

4. Browse to the location where VLC is installed, select the application.

5. Press OK.

Now, if you select any video in Organizer, and click on 'External Editor' on the bottom pane, the video will open in VLC player.

Let me know if this works for you or you face any issues.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.  I performed the steps you suggested. If I choose external editor it will open images, but if I try to open a movie, I get the attached message.

Thanks!ad.jpg

ad2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines