• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely slow deletion of files

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my albums contains 36 files. Most of them are version sets. I apply the command Flatten Version Set (including deletion of files from disk) to all of them simultaneously. PSE starts working on it and keeps doing so for more than 20 min (!). The progress windows shows that it is stuck (?) at 79%. I then click a few times on the progress popup, resulting in a very short show of the option to wait or to close the program. This choice then disappears anmd everything seems okay: the version sets are flattened.

Is this behaviour to be expected?

Rik

Elements Organizer 19.0.0.0
Core Version: 19.0 (20200826.m.151582)
Language Version: 19.0 (20200826.m.151582)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: catalogPSE2021
Catalog Location: E:\OneDrive\Pictures\Fotoarchief\catalogPSE2021\
Catalog Size: 450,4MB
Catalog Cache Size: 2,9GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 7,9GB
Free Memory: 1,2GB

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

I would never store my working catalog folder in the OneDrive folder.

There is no advantage in storing the catalog folder in the hope to share it with  another computer. The catalog points to the media files in the original computer if it is used on another computer. All files are disconnected.

While it's a good idea to store media files in the OneDrive folder, for catalogs the most you can do is to store a copy of the catalog folder as a kind of backup for your catalog on the original computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never store my working catalog folder in the OneDrive folder.

There is no advantage in storing the catalog folder in the hope to share it with  another computer. The catalog points to the media files in the original computer if it is used on another computer. All files are disconnected.

While it's a good idea to store media files in the OneDrive folder, for catalogs the most you can do is to store a copy of the catalog folder as a kind of backup for your catalog on the original computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for your advice, I'll move my  catalog folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines