• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook Jpg Files won't import into Photoshop Elements 2013

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often save pictures from Facebook (save as jpg images) but when I import them into Photoshop Elements the file name is displayed but the error is that they are not in a format that is recognized. I like to save photos posted by relatives but also want to save them in Elements. I am able to view the photos i save from Facebook in my other programs, like Irfanview.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patetc  wrote

I often save pictures from Facebook (save as jpg images) but when I import them into Photoshop Elements the file name is displayed but the error is that they are not in a format that is recognized. I like to save photos posted by relatives but also want to save them in Elements. I am able to view the photos i save from Facebook in my other programs, like Irfanview.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

There has been several questions about this.

My understanding is that you can work in Elements with some Facebook files but not for all.

In that case, there is a problem with a field in the metadata header (exif) which prevents Elements, Photoshop or Lightroom to allow importing those files. More basic softwares don't care as much for compliance for the standards. So, the workaround is to open those files in your Irfanview and resave them from there as jpeg.

Whether it's a problem of compatibility with the standards or a protection scheme from FB, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Michael, for this contribution. I have been puzzling over this problem for too many hours. Now solved thanks to your logical suggestion.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is that it isn't a JPEG at all but a PNG. We do see this. Some apps work it out and open it anyway, others expect accurate info. You can try copying a file and renaming it as a PNG file to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opening the photo file with 'Paint', then 'Saving As' worked for me, so I'm happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines