• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facial recognition - Did facial recognition improve in 2020 Photoshop Elements vs. 2019 PSE? How?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did facial recognition improve between the 2019 and 2020 versions of Photoshop Elements?  I believe PSE 2020 added facial recognition for videos.   Compared to 2019 PSE, are there any improvements in 2020 PSE's facial recogniton accuracy? In processing speed? Or anything else?  

TOPICS
Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience, there are huge improvements in Elements 2020, both in performance and accuracy.  You should find that the size of UnNamed People stacks has increased.  On my main catalog, for my most frequently photographed family members, I was getting stacks as high as a thousand faces.  And most of the stacks were 100% accurate.  Last night, I imported several hundred images of my family.  Not only were they all placed into stacks of the same person, but there was also an accurate suggested name for each person's stack.  In only one stack was there no suggested name.  That stack had faces of my grandson wearing swimming goggles above his eyes, and his eyes were closed.

That is not to say that face recognition is perfect.  It is not.  But I have tested it extensively and it has improved substantially over the years.  If you want further convincing, why don't you try a  30 day free trial of Elements 2020.  You can download it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines