• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facial recognition seems to stop working.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019, with 28,000 photos it took my Windows 10 Pro PC, with 16GB of memory, and an Intel I7 CPU, nearly 30 hours to work through the recognition process. When finished, I went through the photos manually and many photos had no names attached. The one that really surprised me was a passport photo of myself, with no name, even after I'd identified myself in over 500 other photos.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Facial Recognition works in a slightly different way than this. Whenever recognition runs on new images, stacks are formed in the UnNamed View and they have to be named again. What FR does is club similar faces in a single stack. So the best practice would be to let FR complete(or atleast complete by a good percentage) so that stacks are big enough and then name them in the UnNamed room.

You can refer to articles such as:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/user-guide.html/in/elements-organizer/using/adding-peo... for better understanding of how this works.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines