• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to import photos/videos from iphone Xs to PSE 15

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to import photos/videos from my iphone Xs to PSE15.  I either get "failed to obtain thumbnails.  device is not connected or is busy" or "cannot obtain all files from device.  ensure device is connected properly, or battery is charged.  the files that have been obtained till now will be sent to elements organizer."  I'm attempting to import using a USB cable.  I have closed all apps on my phone.  And the phone is mostly charged.  I have made sure PSE is up to date.  Another issue I encounter is that it often imports previously imported photos with an incorrect date.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this sort of thing from my iPhone X - and I don't even use Photoshop Elements! Sometimes I can make it better for a while by restarting the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you first copy the files to a folder on your computer?

Open your device with face or finger recognition and connect with USB.

Find the connected iPhone and navigate to: Internal Storage >> DCIM

Copy the files you need to your computer folder.

Then launch Organizer and from the menu use:

File >> Get Photos & Videos >> from Files & Folders

Navigate to the folder and choose the photos to import or select all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. Do I really need to copy them to my computer then import? This seems like a system issue to me. Is there a fix? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a problem between Apple and Adobe.  See this link: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/latest-ios-13-1-2-seems-to-cause-problem-impo...

basically, for me it was to set iphone to 'most compatible' for both photo and video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines