• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to open pictures

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture won't open in elements 15.I restart computer and then it works for awhile again until a couple of days later and it fails agai. I have tried reinstalling several times but that has not helped. Thanks for any suggestions . I'm using windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting any error messages? 

Is the Editor open when you try to open the file?

Sometimes, if you close the program, it fails to terminate properly and the process may still be open, if this is the case, the Editor will not open.  Check to see what is happening in Task Manager.

What kind of files are you talking about - raw or jpg (or something else)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. No error messages. Nothing opens. Complete lack of response. Trying to open jpg,

John 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am becoming unhappy with Adobe. They say Elements 15 won't work

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I'm afraid you got some bad information from Adobe support.  Of course, Elements 15 works on Windows 10.  If you want to get it working, we can go through some other trouble-shooting steps to help you.   As for the statement about Elements 2020 purchased from Amazon, that also sounds suspicious to me and I'm going to check into it. 

So what do you want to do?  Try to figure out whether Elements 15 will work for you, install Elements 2020 and see if it works, or forget about Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Case Closed now. all set 🙂 Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines