Highlighted

file icons after edit with pse

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trialling pse 2019 on Mojave, having used pse 2012 on Mac for a few years.

Icons of jpeg photos edited in pse 2012 showed, and still show, fine black lines on right and bottom edges which was a good indicator of having been edited.

Icons of jpeg photos edited in pse 2019 do not show any difference from icons before editing.

It seems to make no difference if the edited files are saved into a version set in organiser (for either version) or not.

Can anyone explain this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

file icons after edit with pse

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trialling pse 2019 on Mojave, having used pse 2012 on Mac for a few years.

Icons of jpeg photos edited in pse 2012 showed, and still show, fine black lines on right and bottom edges which was a good indicator of having been edited.

Icons of jpeg photos edited in pse 2019 do not show any difference from icons before editing.

It seems to make no difference if the edited files are saved into a version set in organiser (for either version) or not.

Can anyone explain this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, PSE2019 opens in the 'adaptative view' to show only the thumbnails without file name, date or tags/version sets indicator.

You can toggle between that view and the old 'detailed' view from the menu or with the shortcut Ctrl D.

There should be no difference with older versions in detailed view .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I think it talks about icons in a PSE2019 organiser window.

My question, though it was not quite clear, was about icons in the Mac Finder window and specifically about a missing black border, not details of name, date, etc.

There is definitely a difference in the icon appearance, on the same Mac in the same folder, after edit by 2019 trial version, compared with 2012 version.

Peter Hayward

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pictonic  wrote

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I think it talks about icons in a PSE2019 organiser window.

My question, though it was not quite clear, was about icons in the Mac Finder window and specifically about a missing black border, not details of name, date, etc.

There is definitely  a difference in the icon appearance, on the same Mac in the same folder, after edit by 2019 trial version, compared with 2012 version.

Peter Hayward

Sorry, I don't have a Mac, so if something has changed in the Finder Window, I think other Mac users will answer. Maybe post a screenshot to show were the black border is missing?

(Use the 7th icon on top of your post in this forum to insert the screenshot.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is as good an explanation as you'll probably get.

(Chris Cox was a photoshop engineer at the time of the posting)

Apples to photoshop elements as well.

How to Get Rid of the White Border on File Icon on MacOS? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0