• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Management in Elements Organizer 15

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be installing and moving to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019   FROM Elements Organizer 15.

My photos are spread all over my hard drive in many folders/sub-folders.

???  How can I consolidate this mess to one main folder such as C:\Pictures ???

I understand this is NOT to be done in "File Explorer" and must be done within the file structure of Elements Organizer.

Thank you,

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the best way is to do a backup of your catalog in Elements 15, then do a restore of the catalog using Elements 2019. During the restore process, you will be given the opportunity to select where your files will be restored e.g. your Pictures folder.  Also, during the restore process, the catalog will be converted for use in 2019. 

Alternatively, you can move your folders by drag and dropping them in the Organizer's Folders view panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for getting right back to me with your answer.

What you describe is what I thought I did when I recently moved Elements from an old to new computer.

Attached is a link to a MS Word  docx.  I copied and pasted the file structure in Organizer “View as Tree” view showing how my files are  in multiple sub  sub sub file folders.

Adobe Elements Organizer 15 View as Tree in Organizer.docx

I am working on renaming all folders with  year month day  description format to get everything in chronological order format.

Once organized I wish to get this all on MS OneDrive cloud storage.  I am 72 and want to be sure my younger relatives have access. Otherwise, all is lost.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ramsey Davis

Cranston, RI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines