Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Open xxx.psd program Error or wrong PSP Format

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag.

seit einigen Tagen bemerke ich diverse Fehlermeldungen beim Öffnen von verschiedenen Photoshop-dateien.Die Dateien lassen sich  nicht öffnen und so auch nicht weiterbearbeiten.

Fehlermeldungen: Programmfehler,oder falsches Photoshop-format usw.

Testweise habe ich aktuell ein Foto bearbeitet und nur einen Hintergrund zugefügt dann abgespeichert als    xxx.psd.

Wenige Minuten später ließ sich diese Datei nicht mehr öffnen >Fehlermeldung falsches Format.

Ich nutze PSP Elements seit einigen Jahren -das hatte ich noch nie.

Wer kann helfen-wo liegt die Ursache?

Vielen Dank

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop Elements due to the errors. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop Elements you are using along with your computers operating system? Are you saving the files to an external drive?

You can try to reset the Preferences of Photoshop Elements using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html#Rest...

Let us know if it helps! 

Regards, 

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for this first answer.

First of all-Preferences set to default -it stays the same.

My System:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 18.0 (20200120.m.139570) x64
Windows 10 64-Bit
Version: 10 oder höher
Systemarchitektur: Intel CPU-Familie: 6, Modell: 5, Stepping: 5 mit MMX, SSE (ganze Zahl), SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Hyper-Threading

Yes -there are external Drives in use  (since some years without any Error)

Some Project i can only open as one layer (after error message) no way to work further on it.

It seems this behavior starts round the 15 of this month

Here some Screenshots of the Messages (in German)

an an example of an Picture loaded

Error_after_Loading Photoshop6.PNGFehler Photoshop5.PNGFehler Photoshop3.PNGFehler Photoshop2 .PNGFehler Photoshop1.PNG

Thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!
I have now done several tests with PSPelements and in fact there is a data loss when saving files to a NAS,
which I have never noticed before.
I would not have expected this.
I assume that I always saved to the local drive first and then later moved it to the NAS or external USB-Drive
Can anyone confirm this behavior from Photoshop Elements?
Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. thanks for the additional information. Do the files that you save and then open from the local storage also show similar behavior or do they work fine?

This may be due to an issue with permissions on the drive that may have changed after an update to Windows or to the firmware of the NAS. Please check the permissions for the drive to ensure it has proper read and write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines