• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File structure flattened after coversion from 2019 to 2021

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running PSE 2019 and just installed the 2021 version.  After PSE converted my catalog my file structure became totally flat (i.e., all my folders are directly under "Pictures" rather than embedded as I had them.  This is a real pain because I keep images in separate directories associated with shot date and have "Raw files" folders underneath each date.  Now I have a zillion "Raw file" folders and it will be impossible to sort it back out.

How did this happen and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are in the View as List mode of the Folders Panel.  Click on the "hamburger" button and change the setting to View as Tree.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.01_11h15m27s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow!  How stupid of me.  I don't understand why PSE considers all my files to be missing, but I guess I won't worry about it.  Thanks so much!  I was ready to jump off a bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional information:  this restructuring of my files is restricted to PSE.  The tree structure still exists on my hard drive.  Consequently, PSE now considers all of my files to be "missing files."  What a frustration.

Unless there is a clever solution it seems like my best alternative is to just start a new catalog and reimport them.  But then I lose all my tags, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not happen.   Are you in the Tree View as I suggested in my previous post?  How did you convert your Elements 2019 catalog to Elements 2021 catalog? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  So we are cross-posting.  Are your files no longer missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines