Find by caption or note

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the pop-up for "Find by caption or note", the are - in addition to the string to be searched for - two conditions: (1) "Match only the beginning..." and (2) "Match any part...". Condition 1 is more restrictive than condition 2 and therefore will yield an equal or smaller number of search results. Condition 2 is more permissive than condition 1 and therefore will yield an equal or larger number of search results. Condition 1 is the default condition. I would prefer condition 2 to be the default, because I unvariably find myself to override the default and select condition 2. For the vast majority of my caption searches, I don't know the exact caption; instead, I vaguely remember or suspect a word that might be a part of the caption.

Rik Beeftink, PSE 19.0.0.0

TOPICS
Feature request, Organizer

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a long time I have stopped to use the old  'detail' search when I have to search by any substring of a caption or note.

Did you try the smart search function ? (the magnifying glass 'search' on the top right corner?)

I just tried a part of the caption 'de Vinc' for the caption or keyword 'Bois de Vincennes' and got nearly instantly 755 items. I added 'Arth' to find my grandson Arthur and I got 85 items in my library of 80.000 images.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines