Highlighted

Finding a previously created slide show

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of years ago I created a slide show for a family member and I need to make a few changes.  I cannot find where it is located.  I created it on an old computer which had all the files transferred to my new computer.  The catalog only goes back as far as the age of my new computer.  How do I find the older projects/catalogues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Finding a previously created slide show

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of years ago I created a slide show for a family member and I need to make a few changes.  I cannot find where it is located.  I created it on an old computer which had all the files transferred to my new computer.  The catalog only goes back as far as the age of my new computer.  How do I find the older projects/catalogues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a Windows search.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look for a file with an extension of .psessc.  The default location is in the Projects folder of the catalog where it was created.

If you have the version that created the slideshow, you should be OK.  But not all slideshows can be opened in a later version of the program.  Depending on when the slideshow was created and what your current version is, you may be able to convert it to a newer version.  However, I just tried opening a Version 15 slideshow in Elements 2019, and it wouldn't work.

Snap10_2019.06.10_16h10m38s_000_SnapCollage.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 1