• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Focus stacking images in Photoshop Elements 2019

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone please tell me if this is possible in the 2019 version, and if it is how to do it?

Many thanks,

DP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Or do a search to find the very affordable Elements+ add-on.

It's a very powerful set of tools (scripts) to recover many features of the full Photoshop.

There is a script for focus stacking.

Focus Stacking

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

As you're looking for Focus Stacking of images in Photoshop Elements, please check the steps below and let us know if it helps:

Focus Stacking with Photoshop Elements

• Process all images in Camera Raw.
  • Open images in Elements
  • Click on Photo Bin (lower left corner)
  • Select two images
  • Go to Enhance>Photomerge>Photomerge Group Shot
  • Place one image in the Source window and one in the Final window
  • Select the Pencil Tool and follow the instructions and draw a border around the area in the Source window that you want to merge with the Final window.
  • Click Done.
  • If you have more than two images to merge, go to the Photo Bin, select the newly merged image and the next image in the sequence and repeat the Photomerge process.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do a search to find the very affordable Elements+ add-on.

It's a very powerful set of tools (scripts) to recover many features of the full Photoshop.

There is a script for focus stacking.

Focus Stacking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased elements plus as you suggested, and it works fine now, puzzled why I wasn't informed that so much was locked away within the program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks, it works a treat with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it ok to use? Or does it break terms of service or anything like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have PE 18 and was wondering if the Elements add on makes Focus stacking an easier process ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

Can you tell me if the focus stacking steps you have shown above are the same steps to follow in Elements 2020?   I am a new user and am trying to find out how to focus stacking in Elements 2020.  I do not want to use an add-on, if possible.

Thank you very much.

Tina 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS Elements 10...when I click on Enhance.. I do not find the "Photomerge" option.  

Wonder if might be because I bought my Elements 10 in 2010??  Thanks.  KevinPhotomerge Command Missing screen shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Elements 12 with the add on Elements+ for photo stacking, I'm looking at buying Elements 2019 (2020 won't work on my Mac). I would like to know two things:Will 'content aware' work on 2019 as it doesn't on Elements 12, AND do I have to purchase a 'new' Elements+ for the 2019 version and how much is it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Traveler582, why isn't Elements 2020 working on your Mac?  If you have updated to Catalina, or intend to do so, Elements 2019 won't work with it for sure.  Also, you cannot buy Elements 2019 from Adobe anymore, so you will have to purchase from a third party.

Adobe has nothing to do with Elements+.  It looks like the price for each version is $12.  I don't know about their update policy.

Added:  Content aware features are available in both 2019 and 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Sierra 10.12 and Elements 2020 needs 10.13 or higher.

I've already installed Elements 2019 in a 30-day Trial version on my Mac from Adobe and the option to Buy is there.

My reasoning for all this is I want the option for Content Aware which only came out on Elements 13....but I also want my Focus Stacking with Elements +Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 6.59.39 PM.jpgware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 7.09.42 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested to know if clicking the Buy Now button takes you to an Elements 2019 purchase window or whether it leads to a 2020 purchase.  Adobe makes a dowload of the last two versions available for those who need to download the program again e.g. for a new computer.  Is that how you got it?  I presume that download has a standard trial/purchase dialog until a purchased serial number has been entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, it's leading me to a 2020 version, and if you didn't read the fine print or check the required OS you'd be screwed. Now that I've tried and love the content aware fill, I wan thte 2019! Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is a totally different subject than the original one, it would have been better to start a new conversation.

In the old PSE10, the Photomerge options were accessed from the menu File > New of the editor. There has been historically three different ways to launche Photomerge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see some brand new unopened 2019's still available at ebay.com.  If it helps any, the one by seller nomadjim has the same PN # and UPC # as my USA version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Thx, I went to ebay and also B & H, both $89

The adobe website was for $74. That's what bugs me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I see one on ebay for Photoshop Elements 2019 & Premiere Elements 2019 Brand New, both.

Is Premiere anything special??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Premiere, it's a video editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh ok, Thanks for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you unable/unwilling to upgrade your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to move images from Lightroom CC to Elements 2019 for focus stacking it says "Elements Editor could not be launched". Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines