Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder not available?

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I have Elements 15. When I try to drag one image to another folder I get this message - "Folder not available", if you have a network drive ensure driver connected. I have done this ok for ages but now won't let me do it. I can have some success with the "move" command but not always. Also when I want to load new images into an existing folder it opens a new folder with exactly the same name which is rubbish.

Sometimes I get a message my database is broken (sorry can't remember the correct phrase) reinstall but everything generally works ok

I could download Elements again I suppose, would I have to uninstall first

Any help much appreciated

Many Thanks

Roger UK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Are your media files in fact on a network drive?  If so, is the network drive mapped to a drive letter?

Are you logged in as an administrator?

Is your network hard-wired or wifi? 

When you get the "database is broken" message have you performed a repair and optimization of your catalog through the File>Manage Catalogs dialog?

I could download Elements again I suppose, would I have to uninstall first

It would be best to uninstall.  This will not affect your catalog.  I would also recommend that you delete preferences when you uninstall.  (There is an option for that when you uninstall.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I¹m on High Sierra 10.13. Unsure what a network drive

is. Elements 15 is on my Imac and I have a Buffalo external hard drive as

Time Machine backup. Simple. Last time I loaded Elements Organiser I didn¹t

get the broken message. As from tomorrow I¹m away from email until Saturday,

I¹m not confident about doing a repair on the catalogue

Thanks again

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know nothing about Macs so can't really comment further, other than to say that I have seen reports of problems using Time Machine as a backup on an external drive. 

Some Buffalo external drives are what are called NAS (Network Attached Storage) drives.  This means they can be accessed from any computer on your home network (if you have one).  This is different than a simple external drive which can usually only be accessed by the computer to which it is attached.  I don't know whether this is part of your problem or not.  Hopefully, somebody with more knowledge about Macs than me can provide additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines