Highlighted

Folders are gray

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title edited for brevity by moderator. Was:

“In PSE 14 some folders are grey. I can't open them. In file explorer, I have folders that don't go to PSE. Why? In the organizer, if I want to see only one pictures where they are more than one, I click twice and it takes many attempts to succeed.”

Is there a way to improve the performance of PSE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Folders are gray

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title edited for brevity by moderator. Was:

“In PSE 14 some folders are grey. I can't open them. In file explorer, I have folders that don't go to PSE. Why? In the organizer, if I want to see only one pictures where they are more than one, I click twice and it takes many attempts to succeed.”

Is there a way to improve the performance of PSE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There two questions in your post title and another one in the text.

On the other hand we don't know anything about your setup (Mac? Win? OS version? System Info?).

Your first question may indicate that you are looking in the left folders panel in tree view.

What is totally normal is that that view only shows the folders/subfolders which include media files already imported in the catalog.

To display subfolders without any imported media files, right click on the parent folder and choose to show all folders.

Second question:  a screenshot might help to understand your issue. Are you trying to zoom a file to full screen from the browsing space? Which type of file? It takes time to display raw or big files. How long are you waiting between several tries?

To improve the performance of PSE:

- Be sure to have more than the minimal system requirements (8 GB RAM at least)

- Stop automatic background tasks and automatic features if you don't need them. Face recognition especially.

- Set your preferences according to your setup, in particular the choice of scratch disks.

- There are other points specific to either Macs or Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I will try to stop the face recognition to see if that will make a difference.

I work with Windows 10 and I have 8 GB Ram.

What about the folders that are in file explorer pictures and don't show in PSE ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jefo  wrote

What about the folders that are in file explorer pictures and don't show in PSE ?

If those subfolders have no media files ALREADY imported in the catalog, that's 'as designed'. You have to import the files to be able to display them in the folders panel.

If you want to show all folders, even those with not already imported files or with no files at all, do as described above:

right click on the master folder and select the option to show all folders.

If you have folders with pictures you are sure to be present in the current catalog and those folders don't show, that's another story.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019 0