• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size - PSE Organizer 2021

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disappointed in PSE Organizer 2021.  The font size in the tags and info pane on the right hand side of the screen are so small they are practically unreadable for these aging eyes and with new glasses no less.  I have tried all the suggestions I have found on here about increasing the font size and nothing seems to change.

PSE 2021 is installed on a Dell Inspiron 14 using Windows 10.

If I can't change this font size it looks like I have just wasted $100.00.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The organizer does not use the options of the editor for the font size (100% or 200% preferences).

It is managed by the Windows display options. You can choose 100, 125,150 or 175%

This applies to most other applications as well, which is generally recommended.

You access the Windows setting with a right click on an empty part of your display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Windows 10 the max font size is 175%.  Even at 175% the Photoshop menu size is too small to see, even on my 32-inch monitor.  Yes, I've also wasted my money purchasing Photoshop Elements.

Adobe -- you need to fix this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!  I hooked up a larger monitor as well and it made no difference. Adobe does need to fix this! 

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Did nothing to the Organizer.

D

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bert5C88 

You wrote:

With Windows 10 the max font size is 175%.  Even at 175% the Photoshop menu size is too small to see, even on my 32-inch monitor.  Yes, I've also wasted my money purchasing Photoshop Elements.

Adobe -- you need to fix this!!!

You are not speaking to Adobe here, you are in user to user forum. And the volunteers here are a bit sad that you came here too late. Like me, they repeat regularly that you should first use the 30 days trial version to see if you are satisfied with the software before buying it. You would have discovered that High Res displays and the Elements editor and organizer don't work well together. Small laptops and Elements are far from optimal either. That being said, the vast majority of 'normal' users are happy enough with the current offer which derives from an old concept: working comfortably in an ergonomically optimized environment for long hours of demanding retouching or batch work. The display is crucial there as well as the room environment and the monitor calibration. While hi-res displays are excellent for small devices seen from very near, comfortable long sessions of editing mean a relatively large, reflexion-free, normal HD resolution seen at a  relatively constant distance of about 3 feet. You must not have to frequently get nearer or farther of the screen, you have to zoom instantly from full screen to 100% pixel view. I would never use even a 4k display in those conditions. In normal editing conditions, I would never see the difference between my 1080 x 1200 pixels monitor and a 4k one (If you can see it, taking several seconds to compare, that's not normal conditions).

So, you'll never hear complaints from most PSE users who prefer to spend their money on a standard res monitor and a calibration hardware than on high-res displays which have the big drawback of slowing down your computer much more than you think.

My personal view is that Adobe would have to rewrite completely the editor and the organizer to make them optimal with your hi-res displays. Since they know their market better than we do, they may not have much incentive to do so.

If you want Adobe to be aware of your complaint, go to the feedback forum and possibly search the already existing same complaints to add your vote.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop-elements/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40873

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines