Highlighted

From PE3 to PE2019, loss of features?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All..

So I recently helped my next door neighbor upgrade her computer and Photoshop Elements.. from a dying XP and PE3 install to Win10 and PE2019.

She used PE3 extensively to build scrapbook pages to document her travels around the world and family history.  Now I know nothing of PE, so bear with me..  She would create single pages containing several images and overlay text and titling, then save/export them out to .pdf and print them herself and make books out of them..

I handed over her new machine last week and said Id pop over today to answer any questions..  Her husband just called to say shes frustrated as shes been unable to do much of what she could in PE3..  Does this sound right?  Has adobe crippled the software over the years?  If no, any suggestions on how to accomplish in 2019 what she did easily in a 15 yr old piece of software?

Note she has never had and doesnt want Internet, so accessing Adobe's help function is impossible from the PE home screen..

thanks for any advice you can offer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

From PE3 to PE2019, loss of features?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All..

So I recently helped my next door neighbor upgrade her computer and Photoshop Elements.. from a dying XP and PE3 install to Win10 and PE2019.

She used PE3 extensively to build scrapbook pages to document her travels around the world and family history.  Now I know nothing of PE, so bear with me..  She would create single pages containing several images and overlay text and titling, then save/export them out to .pdf and print them herself and make books out of them..

I handed over her new machine last week and said Id pop over today to answer any questions..  Her husband just called to say shes frustrated as shes been unable to do much of what she could in PE3..  Does this sound right?  Has adobe crippled the software over the years?  If no, any suggestions on how to accomplish in 2019 what she did easily in a 15 yr old piece of software?

Note she has never had and doesnt want Internet, so accessing Adobe's help function is impossible from the PE home screen..

thanks for any advice you can offer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has been crippled by Adobe.  The latest version has far more features than PSE 3.   I'm guessing that she is in the Quick view of the Editor (which is probably the default view).  She needs to switch to the Expert view.

If this isn't the case, we need more information about what she thinks she is missing.

Snap10_2019.04.07_14h09m54s_000_SnapCollage.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, thats kindve what I figured. Heading over there once I get home.

Suspect shes simply overwhelmed by learning a new OS and software.. but her

husbands call concerned me, hah.

Ill update later once Ive seen things for myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a pdf user manual for pse 2019 you can use offline.

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/pdf/photoshop-elements_reference.pdf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 1
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make the pdf help accessible from within the pse 2019 editor when she clicks on Help>Photoshop Elements Help, place the download help pdf in the location described in this adobe kb

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/offline-help.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0