Highlighted

Getting a response/answer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked the below question twice in the PSE forum and have never received any type of help/response.  Where can I go to get an answer for my question??  I first asked this question in April of 2018...so I think I have been pretty patient waiting for some type of assistance.

I don't know where else to ask for help or find the answer.

Preview Panes in PSE are transparent

I asked this question last April and received NO responses. I am STILL having this issue even after installing PSE 2018.  I thought it was just an issue with 2014, but I still have this issue.  What is the deal?

Does anyone know why or how to get my preview panes to work again??  A couple months ago they all became transparent.  Although I can still choose what I want and it works correctly, I can't see the current brush/pencil/stamp etc.. that I am using.  It has become annoying.

(using a on a MAC)

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.40.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.37.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.37.29 PM.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Getting a response/answer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked the below question twice in the PSE forum and have never received any type of help/response.  Where can I go to get an answer for my question??  I first asked this question in April of 2018...so I think I have been pretty patient waiting for some type of assistance.

I don't know where else to ask for help or find the answer.

Preview Panes in PSE are transparent

I asked this question last April and received NO responses. I am STILL having this issue even after installing PSE 2018.  I thought it was just an issue with 2014, but I still have this issue.  What is the deal?

Does anyone know why or how to get my preview panes to work again??  A couple months ago they all became transparent.  Although I can still choose what I want and it works correctly, I can't see the current brush/pencil/stamp etc.. that I am using.  It has become annoying.

(using a on a MAC)

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.40.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.37.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.37.29 PM.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  What are your computer and graphics card specs?  How much RAM do you have?

You can try deleting the preferences file.  Press Alt+Ctrl+Shift immediately after launching the program and accept the dialog to delete the Adobe Settings file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Mojave version 10.14.3 (but had this issue last year when I was using High Sierra).  Computer/graphic card specs - NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB graphics.  Finally I have 24 gb of RAM.

Tried resetting the preference file, and it did not "fix" my issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm grabbing at straws here, but have you tried changing how the brush is displayed:

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.04_18h27m38s_004_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate you "grabbing at straws", but that doesn't do anything.  Ugh!! so frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A breakthrough and setback at the same time. Discovered that if I move PSE from my built-in monitor to my second monitor setup as extended monitor (happens to be non-mac) the preview instantly appears as it should. Unfortunately the second PSE is dragged back to the built-in monitor the pane instantly goes away again. Now what???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs so can't really help you.  Sounds to me like a graphics card/driver issue.  Have you updated the driver on the graphics card (if that's possible with Macs)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the graphics drivers are built into the OS, so I am stuck.  thanks again for trying to help me out!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen it mentioned so just in case you haven't covered it, have you tried unchecking Use Graphics Processor in PSE Preferences > Performance?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already tried that, and it didn't work.  Thanks for trying to help figure out my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2019 0