• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting files needing to be reconnected displayed in catalog

Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that we are told at least 2 different ways that file/s need to be reconnected.  When I ask to get all to be reconnected by a search I seldom find any.

But other times I'm looking somewhere else in my catalog & I see displayed thumbnails a picture or 2 that it says are unconnected.  I have never seen any displayed this way that I haven't deleted, but I might.

I was wondering if it's possible using PSE 11 to get all files that need reconnecting to be displayed this way.  If so how do I get this to happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/The+Old+Fart  wrote

It seems that we are told at least 2 different ways that file/s need to be reconnected.  When I ask to get all to be reconnected by a search I seldom find any.

But other times I'm looking somewhere else in my catalog & I see displayed thumbnails a picture or 2 that it says are unconnected.  I have never seen any displayed this way that I haven't deleted, but I might.

I was wondering if it's possible using PSE 11 to get all files that need reconnecting to be displayed this way.  If so how do I get this to happen?

If you can find disconnected files by browsing randomly your catalog, I am pretty sure they will also show in the two normal tools which deal with disconnected files:  either in the File or in the Find menu. I think that searching from the Find menu is available in PSE11 but I am not sure, it's no longer in my installed versions on Win 10 (PSE6, 10, 12, 14 and newer). The advantage is that you can organize the disconnected files into albums or add keywords. That gives you more ways to troubleshoot the reasons the files are missing.

I also wonder if what you are seeing as random disconnected files are really missing; for instance, you may see other icons on the thumbnails if the files are corrupt or too big for display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines