• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Good) Alternative to Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody recommend a good alerternative to Photoshop Elements?  I wanted to get 2021, but it doesn't run on my ancient High Sierra Mac.  Unfortunately, Adobe don't offer 2020 anymore, and I don't really want to chance it with a used version.  Has anybody used Affinity?  It seems like it might be as good.  I'm sure there'll be a learning curve, because I've been using Photoshop for many years, but I'll probably figure out Affinity relatively quickly.  Would be interested to hear from people that have used it ... or a different alternative.

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

If you don't need the organiser, i can definately say that affinity is a very nice piece of software. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and i am impressed. Works very good. 

You can use a free trial to check if it is for you (free trial works fine) and it was 50% of, so the price is definately okay. 

and the software support is way-way-way better than elements. where elements is obsolete within a year, you can update affinity way longer (years now, and there is no time planning for the next major

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't need the organiser, i can definately say that affinity is a very nice piece of software. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and i am impressed. Works very good. 

You can use a free trial to check if it is for you (free trial works fine) and it was 50% of, so the price is definately okay. 

and the software support is way-way-way better than elements. where elements is obsolete within a year, you can update affinity way longer (years now, and there is no time planning for the next major version (v2).). So solong there are updates for the version 1 you can update with it for free. 

I would say (and advice). go and download the trial right away and play with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still download Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 from Adobe:

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 

But I'm not sure if you can still purchase a license for it when the 30-day trial period is over.

Edit: Link working again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. You're absolutely correct - that article needs updating!

Edit: Link working again (but can't verify whether purchase option is available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned previously, the purchase is definitely not available.  It sends the user to purchase option for 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to say that it sends the user to purchase options for 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Walter! Link appears to be working again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it, but it's a 30-day trial version.  After 30 days, it stops working with no buy option.  Actually, that's not strictly true ... there IS a buy option, but it's only for 2021.

This is the reason that I was asking about Affinity Photo ... because PSE-2020 is no longer available from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Affinity Photo and just started playing with it.  WOW!  It's really good.  I (genuinely) had no idea.  I'm now grateful to Adobe.  If they'd been flexible, and allowed purchasing of older versions of PSE, I would simply have stayed as a loyal Adobe user and never have thought to buy Affinity Photo.  But now, they've persuaded me to try an alternative option ... and I'm glad that they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a designer since 20 years and I tried several Photoshop alernatives. I hate Affinity Designer but I love Pixelmator Pro. The first time I discovered a real alternative to Photoshop. If I wouldn't be using InDesign a lot, I would quit my Adobe subscription completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't tried Affinity Designer, so can't comment, but I really like Affinity Photo.  I've been using it for (almost) a full year now, and I really like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo!

I am so glad to be free of the glitches and nonstandard interface in PSE! Recently, every time I closed it, it wouldn't open again. I've used PSE for over seven years. Sorry, but good riddance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.  The more I use Affinity Photo, the more I like it.  At first I thought of it as a Photoshop alternative but now I actually think that it's a superior product.  I love the fact that it runs (fast) on my machine (PSE 2021 won't even load) and I love the fact that it's non-subcription, unlike Photoshop.  I've also noticed that it has updates occasionally, and I've been getting them ... for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines