• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPS integration Request for Photoshop Elements - Community Requests?

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question, is there a place where feature requests can be added and upvoted by the community?  Because Photoshop Elements used to have MORE features and they've been removed and I desperately want them back, please.

• Used to be you could see the direction you were facing when you took the photo.  I think it was back in version 14.  That's gone.  It would be extremely helpful if that could be restored.
  • I would like to be able to right click on a photo and have a menu item "Show On Map".  Right now the GPS integration is fairly useless as you have to know where a photo was taken and THEN zoom in to the location.  I need the reverse.  I need to be able to click on a photo and have the program take me to the location.  Having to know where I took a photo shouldn't be required!
  • Lastly, map overlays, the satellite pictures are very much out of date for the locations I frequent.  I know it's not your fault.  It would be very, very helpful to be able to insert aerial photography as an overlay so that, with the above two items, I could right click on a photo, it would take me to a location, and I could see what direction I was facing when I took the photo.

I've been a user of this software since 2001 timeframe but the removal/lack of these features is really hurting my ability to efficiently tag and organize my photos.  Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist further with these suggestions.  Thank you.

-Matt

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hi Matt,

You can add a feature request and upvote an existing request at the link below.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_elements

This forum is monitored by our developers. They can check the feasibility of the request and may include it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

You can add a feature request and upvote an existing request at the link below.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_elements

This forum is monitored by our developers. They can check the feasibility of the request and may include it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, folks, if you all want this, please go check out my post and upvote it or whatever we have to do to get some help with these things.  Thank you!

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-elements-gps-integration-and-use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines