Highlighted

Have 2 issues: Cannot drop and drag a photo and photos open in upper left corner

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2018

Windows 10

When I double click on a photo for it to open in PSE, it will only open up in the left hand corner and I have to manually make it larger. 

Also, if I want to drop and drag a photo on to the work space, it will not do it, it gives me the sign of a circle with a line in the middle, as in a no smoking sign.

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thank you for any help!

Debbie

[Discussion moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

Known issue in PSE2018 if you are using the option of the preferences  to "allow floating documents in expert mode"; that bug is solved in PSE2019.

Workaround:

Click on the 'layout' icon in the bottom icons bar and choose 'float all'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have 2 issues: Cannot drop and drag a photo and photos open in upper left corner

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2018

Windows 10

When I double click on a photo for it to open in PSE, it will only open up in the left hand corner and I have to manually make it larger. 

Also, if I want to drop and drag a photo on to the work space, it will not do it, it gives me the sign of a circle with a line in the middle, as in a no smoking sign.

Thank you for any help!

Debbie

[Discussion moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

Known issue in PSE2018 if you are using the option of the preferences  to "allow floating documents in expert mode"; that bug is solved in PSE2019.

Workaround:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

debbief90861747  wrote

Photoshop Elements 2018

Windows 10

What are you exactly doing?

Dragging from where to where?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,  I am dragging from my opened Windows Explorer window onto the PSE desktop that is empty.  Hope that helps you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works fine for me. What format are those image files?  Do they open if you right click and choose 'Open With' ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with .jpg, .png and .psd files and it won't let me drag and drop from my Windows Explorer.  They will open if I right click and choose 'Open With'.  Thank you for trying to help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael, that helped a lot!  I also unchecked "Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode" in Preferences.  Both options worked for my upper left corner picture problem!  Appreciate your help Michael!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 0