• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEIC Supported on PhotoShop Elements 2020 on Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife has a newer iphone which takes pictures in the HEIC format.  I have been unable to import pictures in the HEIC format on my Windows version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.  I know I can convert the files to the JPEG format and import, but I really do not want to do that.  I recently upgraded to from the 2018 PE version to the 2020 PE version just so I could import the lastest formats such as HEIC. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install the Microsoft HEIF and HEVC extensions on your Windows machine.  Take a look at my post here.

I know I can convert the files to the JPEG format and import, but I really do not want to do that.

Why not?  I can see no advantage to using .heic format files on a computer.  AFAIK, most social media sites do not support them so they have to be converted anyway.  I use the format on my iPhone solely to save storage space.  I have come to the conclusion that it is useless to keep that format in Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also take a look at this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have same situation with Heic/HEIF format out of IPhone...  as Greg mentioned i alsow want to keep these orignal smaller files. Is there a plan when Adobe tfully support that format in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021? 

Any licence topic why not done yet?

Greetings Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines