Highlighted

HEIC Supported on PhotoShop Elements 2020 on Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife has a newer iphone which takes pictures in the HEIC format.  I have been unable to import pictures in the HEIC format on my Windows version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.  I know I can convert the files to the JPEG format and import, but I really do not want to do that.  I recently upgraded to from the 2018 PE version to the 2020 PE version just so I could import the lastest formats such as HEIC. Any suggestions?

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HEIC Supported on PhotoShop Elements 2020 on Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife has a newer iphone which takes pictures in the HEIC format.  I have been unable to import pictures in the HEIC format on my Windows version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.  I know I can convert the files to the JPEG format and import, but I really do not want to do that.  I recently upgraded to from the 2018 PE version to the 2020 PE version just so I could import the lastest formats such as HEIC. Any suggestions?

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install the Microsoft HEIF and HEVC extensions on your Windows machine.  Take a look at my post here.

I know I can convert the files to the JPEG format and import, but I really do not want to do that.

Why not?  I can see no advantage to using .heic format files on a computer.  AFAIK, most social media sites do not support them so they have to be converted anyway.  I use the format on my iPhone solely to save storage space.  I have come to the conclusion that it is useless to keep that format in Elements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also take a look at this article.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines